Hyrum H. Huskey Jr is a published Author and Freelance Writer based in Las Vegas, NV.
His writing interests have varied over the years and have included poetry, creative non-fiction, journalism, and short fiction.
“I suspect I am not much different from all writers. My goals are to
- bring life to prose using imaginative, sparky words and
- reveal the passing moments of actual life through words that illuminate stories of the human condition.”
Hyrum’s published credits include a nonfiction paperback book — a long time ago! (Herald House, 1980); over forty news, feature and first-person pieces in The Montague Reporter, a weekly newspaper in Turners Falls, MA; articles in the NASPA Journal, Vocational Guidance Quarterly, and Messing About in Boats. His most recent short story, Snakes, was published in Tales from the Silver State III (Muddy Pig Press, 2016).
He has also published several poems (Scuttlebutt, Spring 2011; Illinois Guidance Quarterly). He has articles in several professional organizations’ newsletters, and has written – internal for hire – a variety of operations policies, bound employee brochures, and procedural guides for companies in which he held “day jobs.”
Huskey’s current writing interests include:
- natural environment articles for publication
- blogs on writing and travel experiences
- travel related non-fiction
- human interest stories relating to our environmental issues
- short fiction and nonfiction
I can’t remember a time when I did not write in one way or another.